Calling all Book Worms

Deep in discussion
Deep in discussion

Words and Pitchers is an informal gathering of book lovers, history buffs, pop culture fans and friendly Anglophones. Once a month, the second Tuesday, we assemble to discuss a pre-decided text, usually a short story easily downloaded from this website.

Discourse often gets rowdy as special pitcher prices are offered by the King George, just the thing needed to lubricate any shy tongues.

Words and Pitchers has a standard format. We begin by learning a little about the author and era of the set text, then move on to the nitty-gritty of the story: use of symbols and motifs, character analysis, genre and literary style and more. We finish up with further reading suggestions, with most members at this point being happily inebriated and intellectually satisfied.

Words and Pitchers is open to all and is free of charge. We start at 8 p.m. and typically terminate just before the last trains do.

For more information about this King George book club, contact wordsandpitchers@ymail.com or talk to the bar staff.

コメントをお書きください

コメント: 7
  • #1

Bev (木曜日, 27 10月 2011 08:32)

Great idea and format. Venue is just a little far from Melbourne, Australia! All the best.

• #2

Ania (日曜日, 30 10月 2011 00:26)

Nice to see you again at it guys! Wish I was there too!

• #3

Polo Outlet Online (水曜日, 29 8月 2012 15:04)

It really is good to possess the capacity to examine a great high quality article with practical specifics on topics that plenty are interested on.

• #4

coach outlet store online (水曜日, 29 8月 2012 15:05)

I have seen your awareness about this theme when you post it and it really gives an informational message to us readers.

• #5

Longchamp Outlet (水曜日, 29 8月 2012 15:07)

Hi, exactly where did you get this info can you please support this with some proof or you might say some very good reference as I and others will actually enjoy.

• #6

belstaff jackets uk (火曜日, 11 9月 2012 19:29)

I am grateful to find bloggers like you who posts very informative subjects. I am interested in your post and would like to know you more.

• #7

gerterio (水曜日, 05 12月 2012 23:33)

I want to express my thanks to this writer just for rescuing me from such a trouble. Right after exploring throughout the the net and coming across thoughts which are not beneficial, I was thinking my life was over. Existing devoid of the strategies to the difficulties you've resolved through your main blog post is a serious case, and the ones that might have negatively affected my career if I had not come across your web site. Your primary understanding and kindness in maneuvering every item was tremendous. I'm not sure what I would've done if I hadn't encountered such a stuff like this. It's possible to now look ahead to my future. Thank you so much for the skilled and effective guide. I won't hesitate to endorse the blog to anyone who needs guidance on this situation.